Combating Violence against Women
UN Women works to prevent violence against women and girls and expand their access to justice and services. Learn more
Women's leadership and participation
UN Women works on enhancing Palestinian women’s transformative leadership to participate in decision-making processes in all walks of life and the incorporation of a women’s rights agenda. Learn more
Women's Leadership in Peace, Security and Humanitarian Response
UN Women acts to bring gender equality dimensions into humanitarian programming, response and assistance, as well as to increase women’s involvement in peace and state-building processes. Learn more
National Planning and Budgeting
UN Women supports the efforts of the Palestinian Government to mainstream gender in order to ensure that Palestinian men and women benefit more equally from national public policies, domestic resources and international aid. Learn more
In the lead-up to the 20th anniversary of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action, representatives from Member States and civil society are hosting regional reviews to assess progress and challenges in implementing this landmark blueprint for women’s rights. More
With new infographics and an interactive map, we shine a spotlight on the voices of global citizens which have been compiled over the past several months on the dedicated website for UN Women's campaign to mark the 20th anniversary of the Beijing Platform for Action. More
Fund for Gender Equality Call for Proposals 2015
The Fund is currently accepting proposals for women’s economic and political empowerment programmes from women-led Civil Society Organizations. More
- Leading the police service, ending violence against women her motto
- In Palestine, specialized prosecutors ensure women survivors’ access to justice
- In Palestine, a Centre offers shelter and changes lives for survivors of violence
- Palestinian hip hop group DAM raises awareness of ‘honour killings’ through a powerful music video
- Young Palestinian activists carry out their role in bringing about peace
Speeches and statements
An exclusive collaboration between the renowned and critically acclaimed Palestinian hip-hop band DAM and UN Women,the music video highlights the injustice and burden of honour killing and call on youth to mobilize to combat all forms of violence against women.
In her message for International Women's Day 2015, UN Women Executive Director Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka says gender parity must be reached before 2030, so that the sluggish trajectory of progress that condemns a child born today to wait 80 years before they see an equal world can be reversed. She calls on all countries to “step it up” for gender equality, to reach ‘Planet 50:50’ before 2030.
- Access Denied: Palestinian Women's Access to Justice in the West Bank of the occupied Palestinian territory
- Strategic Note and Annual Work Plan 2014-2016 – Making Actions Speak Louder than Words: Striving for Gender Justice in Palestine”
- Building Ties: Towards Integrated Strategic & Policies for Empowering Palestinian Women
In a land torn apart by years of bitter conflict, the daily struggle to survive is an ongoing battle. Feeding the family is a constant challenge. UNTV travels to the occupied Palestinian territory to meet some inspirational women who are bringing hope to thousands.